About

Magazines & Anthologies
Rampant Loon Media LLC
Our Beloved Founder and Editor-in-Chief
Our SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Follow us on Facebook!


MAGAZINES & ANTHOLOGIES

Read them free on Kindle Unlimited!
 

 

 

 

 

Blog Archive

Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome to 2010!

Happy New Year to all of you who make the Friday Challenge worth doing!

As I mentioned on Monday, the movie 2010 is subtitled The Year We Make Contact. And this is the year we make contact -- we Friday Challengers, I mean -- at ReConStruction, aka the North American Science Fiction Convention! As most of you know, it'll be held August 4 - 8, right here in Raleigh, NC; no more than 15 miles from my house. Prices for an attending membership remain $95 per person for the weekend.

I'm working from memory, but those currently planning to attend include ~brb, Mrs~brb, Vidad and Rachel (Vidad's wife and former regular here before their fourth child was born). I believe torainfor, Al, Lady Quill and Guy are also trying figure out if they can be here. Who did I miss?

I was about to suggest we decide whether we want to book a hotel room or not, but a quick check at the web sites of the affiliated hotels shows they're already sold out for the weekend. Not surprising, really. So, we need to decide if we want to try for hotel rooms near the convention center (Raleigh is a low crime city, so there should be little problem wandering around after dark) or all crash on available floor space at my house (2220 square feet). For those who are wondering, my wife has agreed to this idea if we choose it. Preferences, people?

Only eight more months to go. I, for one, can't wait!
blog comments powered by Disqus