About

Magazines & Anthologies
Rampant Loon Media LLC
Our Beloved Founder and Editor-in-Chief
Our SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Follow us on Facebook!


MAGAZINES & ANTHOLOGIES

Read them free on Kindle Unlimited!
 

 

 

 

 

Thursday, January 29, 2009

The new comment engine is in place

Okay, the last major bit is in place, that being the new Comment engine from JS-Kit.com. I have to admit that after four years of wrestling with HaloScan, plugging in the new JS-Kit code was so easy I thought I'd done it wrong at first and had to go back and check it again. Many thanks to Chris Saad, JS-Kit's VP of Product Strategy and Community, for patiently answering my questions and steering me down this path.

JS-Kit commenting is remarkably feature-rich, and I expect I'll be flipping all sorts of bits off and on in the next few weeks as I get to know it better, so expect the look and feel of the Comments to change for a while before things (or more honestly, I) finally settle down. I also stand corrected on another point. Importing existing blogspot comments was a snap, so all the brilliant commentary on the "Rules" post remains. (Except for a few of my own comments, which I deleted to test the comment moderation functions.)

On the subject of things changing, I expect I'll continue to play with the content in the sidebars for a while, so don't be alarmed if things move around. I can't help but notice there's a lot of blank space in the right column, though. Shall we establish a blogroll, or is the Followers widget sufficient?
blog comments powered by Disqus