About

Magazines & Anthologies
Rampant Loon Media LLC
Our Beloved Founder and Editor-in-Chief
Our SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Follow us on Facebook!


MAGAZINES & ANTHOLOGIES

Read them free on Kindle Unlimited!
 

 

 

 

 

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Splattering Guts for Fun & Profit


Update: Minutes ago U.S. Central Command announced that the pirates had executed all four American hostages. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of the fallen.

With the capture of a small party of American missionaries by Somali pirates being very much in the news these past few days, I felt it was time to reboot this series with a column on nautical piracy. Except, as I began to pull together my sources and lay the column out in my mind, I developed the strangest sense of déjà vu.

A few moments of searching and—sure enough. This was one of the first columns I wrote for The Friday Challenge, slightly over two years ago and right after the FC moved here from the old site.

So rather than rewrite the column, I will save all my trenchant observations about Rouseau, Hobbes, and the Magna Carta for a future column and at this time redirect you to:

The BookPimp™ Touts: The Barbary Pirates, by C.S. Forester


(Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose, indeed!)
blog comments powered by Disqus