About

Magazines & Anthologies
Rampant Loon Media LLC
Our Beloved Founder and Editor-in-Chief
Our SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Follow us on Facebook!


MAGAZINES & ANTHOLOGIES

Read them free on Kindle Unlimited!
 

 

 

 

 

Blog Archive

Sunday, May 31, 2009

And the winner is...

Well. For a change, I have little more to add to everyone else's comments and votes on the entries submitted in response to the 5/22/09 Friday Challenge. I agree with the consensus. Henry wrote a great, touching, and heartfelt piece about his father, that reaches across the generations. Torainfor produced another superbly written and clever piece of fiction, although perhaps I didn't read it quite the same as the rest of you seem to have; I interpreted Margaret's "timeslips" not as literal evidence of her having become unstuck in time or anything like that, but as symptoms of Alzheimer's. In the end, though, I have to pick Passinthrough's entry, because—

Well, because it hits me in the place where I've always imagined that that's what it's like, to have grandparents, and an extended family, and a hometown. So maybe I do read it a bit differently than the rest of you do.

In anycase, Passinthrough, you're this week's winner, so come on down and claim your prize.
blog comments powered by Disqus