About

Magazines & Anthologies
Rampant Loon Media LLC
Our Beloved Founder and Editor-in-Chief
Our SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Follow us on Facebook!


MAGAZINES & ANTHOLOGIES

Read them free on Kindle Unlimited!
 

 

 

 

 

Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

And the winner is...

...coming to you by secret transmission from an undisclosed location. In the early pre-dawn hours yesterday morning I was seized by the minions of Otogu and have been held incommunicado ever since. Moments ago I managed to slip away from my captors and find the unsecured data transmission device upon which I am tapping out this message, but I fear the respite is only temporary. It's a race against time to get this message coded up and sent before they find me and once again drag me back into the— the... No! It's too terrible, I cannot say it! But I must! Into the... The Conference Room!

Turning to last Friday's embarrassment of riches, then, Vidad scores early and big with a story I like to think of as, "Veggie Tales From The Crypt." This story evoked wonderful memories of what may have been the worst job I've ever had: the two days I spent de-tasseling corn for Jacques Seed Company. (For those of you who have never lived in farm country, corn plants are bisexual and wildly promiscuous, and what a de-tasseler does basically is get the corn to settle down and behave by castrating selected plants. No wonder the corn gets surly and maladjusted.) Anyway, I enjoyed the story greatly, for it put me in mind of that famous quote by some old guy, "Harvest them all and let God sort them out! Or maybe make them into a nice salad."

Torainfor, as must be obvious to all, wins the 10hp Shop-Vac Ultimate Suck-Up Award for her entry, and I don't know what more I can add to that except to say, where are the cookies? You promised cookies.

Arisia, just as obviously, wins the We'd Call It The Terrance Dicks Memorial But He's Still Alive Award for the best Dr. Who fanfic ever entered into a Friday Challenge. While we're slightly disappointed that your itinerary skipped Castrovalva, it was still a delightful little read.

Sorry. I'm hearing footsteps nearby. Must type faster. Must type faster...

Al, Nicky Weird's Summer Vacation is great stuff but needs to be longer. This feels like the beginning of a pretty cool YA book and I'd like to see more.

Henry, great stuff!. If I ever get out of here I'm going to make The Kid read it. Twice. Of course, since he'll be reading it, I'll still have to mow the #@($*&@#$ yard myself.

Topher, same comments as went to Al. Good beginning of a story but it feels like it needs to be much longer. I'd like to see more of this one.

Crap! They've found me! They're closing in! Barely time to type—

Passinthrough, I'm declaring your entry the winner, because despite all the time travelers, space travelers, and vampires and such that showed up in this week's batch of entries, yours seemed like the most fascinating glimpse of all into a totally alien world.

Okay, you've got me. I'll come along quietly. Put the Tasers away. Just give me one more moment to click [Publish Post]

OW! Dammit, no Tasers!
blog comments powered by Disqus