About

Magazines & Anthologies
Rampant Loon Media LLC
Our Beloved Founder and Editor-in-Chief
Our SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Follow us on Facebook!


MAGAZINES & ANTHOLOGIES

Read them free on Kindle Unlimited!
 

 

 

 

 

Blog Archive

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Opinions Wanted

 

Hard to believe, but Mr. Laptop is approaching his third birthday. While I have perfectly functional typewriters over a century old and my favorite everyday working typewriter is over fifty, three years is old for a laptop.

Mr. Laptop is also, as it happens, a company-owned machine, and the company has recently informed me that it's due for replacement, with my choice of either a new laptop or desktop. I'm leaning towards the desktop, as the rationale for providing me with a laptop has proven sadly true. With it, I can do company work anywhere, anytime, to the proven detriment of my family life.

But...

But there have been plenty of other times when having the thing was just so blasted handy. So while I'm probably going to take the desktop for company work, I'm also thinking of getting some sort of portable device, for purely personal use, primarily doing email and web stuff while on the road.

Hence today's question: netbook, full-sized laptop, or something else? Do you have any experience, advice, or strongly held opinions on the subject?

The lines are now open.
blog comments powered by Disqus